Monday, February 22, 2010

Getting back to it

So, it occurred to me that I should actually write about acting, or something tangentially related to such - given the title of the blog and all. Of course, that meant I would have to get my @$$ in gear and actually do something to write about. You see, theoretically, I'm pursuing a part-time acting career. This generally translates into me going on a string of three auditions in a week and then not doing anything remotely acting-related for a month or two.

It's not that I'm not motivated, it's that I'm usually at a loss for what to do next. It's not like a regular job where A leads to B which leads to C, etc., etc. I tend to lose focus without structure.

So, yesterday I took a baby step forward. I updated my headshots with Mike Lemon Casting and Diane Heery Casting. Doing so made me realize it had been far too long since I checked my profiles with them - couldn't even remember what login name I had created. But I eventually got it all squared away. Yay for me!

So now what? Now I check various web sites to look for audition opportunities and hope for the best. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment